A Million Dreams

Last night I watched The Greatest Showman for the second time, on the big screen. I'll just get this out of the way right off the hop - go see it. There is no doubt in my mind that someone, or several someones, have poured their hearts and souls into it. I hope you will love it and find as much joy in it as I did. 

This movie isn't just amazing, it's also incredibly timely. Every single song is powerful, beautiful, and true. While I love them all, the one that spoke the most to me is called A Million Dreams. The feel-good, upbeat, "celebration of humanity" also happens to be directly in line with my intentions for this year, in particular, owning my crazy.

I close my eyes and I can see, the world that's waiting up for me, that I call my own.

I'm not a stranger to crazy - crazy ideas, crazy behavior, crazy happy - it's sort of something that's been a part of me for my whole life. In most situations, owning my crazy is something I've become pretty comfortable with, but not in all situations. This past year I found myself in many situations choosing to be silent, doubting my thoughts or suggestions. Often times, once it all played out, I found myself wishing I hadn't held in my crazy thoughts. In the end, they seemed far more relevant than crazy.

They can say, they can say it all sounds crazy. They can say, they can say I've lost my mind. 

In true Greatest Showman style, I am headed into this year committed on following, voicing, and owning my crazy. I also think it is important to expand here, by voicing my crazy and all that I am not stating that I am right. I don't think I always know the right answer, or have the right ideas, but I am working on giving more value to my ideas, thoughts, and processes.

I don't care, I don't care so call me crazy. We can live in a world that we design.

As mentioned, I became comfortable a very long time ago with being slightly crazy. Call me crazy, I'll own it, and who knows, it might just get me somewhere. I suppose all of this to say - we are the makers of our own futures. We aren't doing ourselves any sort of service by keeping things to ourselves, silencing our feelings and thoughts, or doubting the value of our contributions.


- lovefrommaria

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That "Cop" is my Husband

Sleepy Stets

D E V O T I O N