Cling to Love

 Writing again - it feels like it is time. For two years I have removed myself from many of the platforms that I took comfort in and found connection in. My heart has been troubled by the division and the hate. Maybe I slept well, maybe it's been marinating and is ready to boil over but today I woke up and knew it was time to write again. I'm not here choosing a side, telling you who to vote for, what to do with your body, or who is right and who is wrong. I am here because love remains the answer and it remains the calling on my heart to share.

We have seen our share of shocking, disturbing, heartbreaking events over the last few years. We have argued and been divided, we have chosen a side and judged freely. There will forever be various beliefs, ways of seeing something, and beliefs in how to handle situations - we will and should never all think the same. Imagine a world where we all think the same. I imagine that world would still be flat, have the universe revolving around it, and no Renaissance - we all know how I love the Renaissance. Our strength, our prosperity, and our ability to advance as a collective really do hinge on having a diversity of thought and on hearing that diversity out. For as long as I can recall, this has been something we have celebrated and welcomed - until these past few years. It is time to celebrate this again, to embrace it, and to love through it.

You likely already know this about me, I believe that love is truly the only thing that will carry us through these times of division. Love - real love - the kind that accepts, and celebrates, and listens, and learns, and encourages, and holds space, and remains. Love is the posture that allows us to connect especially in situations of disagreement.

Friends, we have this gift of love - the greatest gift - and it is high time we put it into action. It is not always easy, in fact, many times it is easier to do the exact opposite. But then, nothing worthwhile is ever easy, right? No one said that living like love was easy - it is just what we are called to do. 

The last few years have challenged my commitment to live like love more than any others before. There have been very difficult moments and times when I lost my resolve. There have been moments of extreme sadness, isolation, confusion, frustration, and disconnect. I doubt there is a world where these moments don't have them and I feel these years came to (among other things) teach me to find love in all situations. To find it and to cling to it. It's been a few years of learning, growing, and trusting but more than ever I do believe that beyond clinging to love in all situations, I am also meant to share it. 

There is an overwhelming feeling of rebirth, refreshing, and renewal right now - am I the only one feeling this? Well, maybe, but I am! I have this feeling that we have an opportunity to reemerge differently than how we came. I hope we can use this moment to choose love. Today, and maybe even this whole week, maybe even every day from this point on, would you choose to ask yourself, "what would love do?" Would you pause before reacting or responding, and would you choose to respond like love? 

I know that years ago, I tried this out for a day and that one single day changed my whole life. Living like love is a commitment but I can promise you that it is absolutely a worthwhile commitment. Every single person that you interact with will benefit from this and you might be surprised to learn that YOU will benefit from this. So, will you join me? Can you help me share this? Let's go out and treat everyone with love, let's live like love and watch things change.

Love From,
Maria

*Living like love doesn't mean compromising your own personal boundaries or space. Living like love starts with you - don't forget to treat yourself as love would.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That "Cop" is my Husband

Sleepy Stets

D E V O T I O N