That Man


This morning my little fellas came rushing in the room to wake me up - just like they do most mornings. They climbed in for a cuddle and then convinced me it was truly time to wake up. My bare feet touched the carpet and recoiled - the carpet was freezing. I hopped out of bed and tossed on my sweater, each step on the cold floor confirming my suspicions that the furnace had gone out over night. Sure enough, it had. My husband was working a night shift and wouldn't be home for a while so it was up to me to investigate, and well, furnaces aren't really my thing. I called my big brother. 
Let me just clarify. I called my big brother at 6:15 in the morning. And I didn't just call him. I called him and then he bundled up and drove to my house. Without a huff or a single hint of complaint he showed up at my house to figure out my furnace woes. Oh, and he did all of this on his day off. 

Now, I know this isn't the end of the world, just a chilly morning wake up. And the furnace started working again fairly quickly, no harm to anyone or anything. But I do believe everything happens for a reason, and for this, I am grateful that my furnace wasn't working when I woke up this morning. 

This morning I was reminded of the amazing human that is my brother. The man who comes to my house at 6am, on his day off. He's as solid as they come and I hope he knows just how much he means to me. My brother has been the constant male presence for my mom, my sister and myself for so long now. And even when he has been busy, or up to no good, he never stopped caring about us. He's always there for us, he shows up with a smile and some jackass comment, but he shows up. 

So, in case I don't tell you enough, I love you. I'm proud of you. You are exactly who you are supposed to be and you've chosen to be that man - that man that his family can depend on. That man that helps anyone out, whenever he can. That man that always smiles in a seemingly permanent state of joy. That man that I know I can lean on anytime. 
I love you big brother - ya done good. 
- lovefrommaria

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That "Cop" is my Husband

Sleepy Stets

D E V O T I O N